Friday, June 13, 2008

Dex in bulleted format.

So my opinion of Dexter can probably best be summed up as follows:

Since Jeanne gave me the recommend, over the course of watching this show, I went from initially wondering if Jeanne might possibly eat small babies in her spare time to now considering naming my firstborn after her. Well, maybe not quite that extreme;) She is, however, welcome to take any of my future offspring out for ice cream.

And maybe even the park.

But we'll just have to wait and see how I feel about the rest of the series...;)

Random thoughts on the past few episodes:

Episode 1.6 "Return to Sender"
  • Dex hates birthdays. Not surprising.
  • Uh-Oh! Dex is gonna get caught!
  • Waaaaaait a second...Am I actually rooting for the psychopathic serial killer to escape the law?! This show is genius. And completely corrupting my morals.
  • Wow, Dex can be a jerk. To his sister, mostly. But also to everyone.
  • Hold on, are LaGuerta and Deb actually bonding? .... ah, never mind Deb slammed the bathroom door in her face. That's my girl:)
  • The kid saw Jesus. Didn't see that coming.
  • Okay, maybe Dex doesn't hate birthdays anymore:) Dexter, you are a walking paradox.
Episode 1.7 "Circle of Friends"
  • Rita's husband could use a haircut. Just sayin'.
  • CREEPY psycho Ice Truck Killer suspect sings even creepier Italian opera music. WHAT was that...?
  • Rita, talking about her moppy haired hubbie: "I just wish he'd just go away. I mean, why can't he just go away and disappear forever?"
    Dexter: (in his voice over) "He can do that. Very easily.": Oh this show and its sick humor... Rita's husband is gonna get Dextered. Just wait.
  • Dex is in self-preservation mode and being a manipulative jerk again. Come on, dude! Be a good brother:P
  • Rita: "Somehow I doubt that. You have a good heart, Dexter. You're not like Paul, you don't hurt people."
    Dexter: "Innocent people. I don't hurt innocent people.": Oh, if only she knew...
  • Dexter's slow smile in the last frame of the episode=CLASSIC.
Episode 1.8 "Shrink Wrap"
  • Whoa, a lot of deeds being done in this ep. If you catch my meaning. And yet another reason why this show is on Showtime and not network TV.
  • Especially Deb. Something 'bout that doc creeps me out, though. He has a winning smile and a cruel looking mouth all at the same time. Is he...?? Nah....
  • Dex to the shrink: "I'm a serial killer! Wow, it feels so good to say that out loud!" AMAZING. Dex had a Dr. Phil moment.
  • This makes me not want to go to counseling. Moral of the story: shrinks are evil.
The End.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

1) You know how I feel about bulleted anythings. You're becoming pretty amazing in my book, too.
2) I think my fave line in the entire show (maybe) is from the circle of friends episode. It goes something like: "Her ex-husband is a drug addict and her current boyfriend is a serial killer. Kinda hard not to take that personally." Delivered in his dead-pan narrative. Oh yeah.
3) I am absolutely in love with your new verb: Dextered. That is going to become part of my vocab.
4) You don't like the doctor? Really?
5) Shrinks are amazing. Just not the ones who try to warp you.
6) Do you like Sigur Ros? If so, check out Efterlang. They are amazing. Specifically, Swarming, Monopolist and Collecting Shields.
7) I almost wrote 6 twice. Then I thought about leaving it as a joke, but I didn't. Anyway, see you tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

"you don't like the doctor? really?"

PSCHawwww. Whateva, Jeanne. I see through your deceptive ways.