Friday, May 23, 2008

the brilliance of Ricky Gervais

I'll let the video speak for itself, but this is a clip from the show Extras. Ricky Gervais plays this guy Andy who is on the reality show "Big Brother." I still have yet to see all of the British Office, but this scene made me truly appreciate Ricky Gervais for the first time.

Also--please excuse the profanity (f bombs) in the video. I'm not endorsing the profanity but I do think overall he makes a remarkable statement about Western culture's obsession with celebrity.

1 comment:

Danny Schaffner, Jr. said...

Love the blog. I was at the barber shop the other day. Read this article of his http://blog.newhumanist.org.uk/2008/04/day-ricky-gervais-became-atheist.html

His clever wit and concise statements intrigue me as I read his stuff.